A recent review thanks to BetterBoards
We are excited to share BetterBoards recent review of The Book of the Board (Third Edition) by BoardConnect Director David Fishel. ‘The Book of the Board’ was awarded Book of the Month and described as follows:
The Book of the Board is an excellent reference book for directors of non-profit organisations. It provides clear guidance on the role of the board, formal and legal responsibilities, and the ways in which the board can maximise its effectiveness for the organisation.
New material added in this edition includes:
- the competitive environment
- strategic planning
- risk management
Additional contributions have been added from several experts including:
- In-depth interviews with four of Australia’s most experienced board members David Gonski, Rupert Myer, Heather Watson and Simon McKeon
- Expert contributions and opinion pieces on topics such as fundraising; improving board effectiveness; technology and governance; and impact investing from, amongst others, Frankie Airey, Dr Pieter-Jan Bezemer, Cathy Hunt, Elizabeth Jameson, Myles McGregor-Lowndes and Gavin Nicholson
- Newly edited charts and diagrams throughout, providing easy reference on key topics
- New checklists and resources
Purchase your copy today by visiting the following link: The Book of the Board
A Conversation with the 'Chair of Everything' David Gonski
We are pleased to invite you to listen and subscribe to the new Podcast series ‘How I Did It’ hosted by David Knowles, BoardConnect board member and Partner | Head of Philanthropy at Koda Capital. The series explores ideas and knowledge of value to leaders working in the philanthropic and non-profit communities.
Follow the links below to download a conversation with the ‘Chairman of Everything’, David Gonski. David is a philanthropist and one of Australia’s best-known directors, with vast experience chairing for-profit and non-profit boards. David talks about diversity, making a contribution, a chair’s role, innovation in the non-profit sector, asking for money and being a hopeless artist.
Click here to listen to part one of this episode on iTunes
Click here to listen to part one of this episode on SoundCloud
The second episode concludes the conversation with David Gonski, David talks about impact, preparing well, the value of listening and his passion for education.
Click here to listen to part two of this episode on iTunes
Click here to listen to part two of this episode on SoundCloud
Subscribe in iTunes or your favourite Podcast app for the next conversation featuring Ronni Khan, founder and CEO of Oz Harvest.