Board Development Workshops
A practical and interactive full-day workshop designed to help board members and senior executive staff to understand their roles and to maximise the board’s contribution to the organisation. Participants will:
- Clarify the role of the board
- Understand the legal and financial responsibilities of non-profit boards
- Discover effective ways for the board and CEO to work together
- Discuss how to make board meetings as productive as possible
- Consider best practice in recruitment and induction of board members
- Have the opportunity to raise issues and ask questions specific to them
CEOs, general managers and senior executives are encouraged to attend with at least one board member from their organisation.
The material for this tried and tested workshop was written by BoardConnect Director, David Fishel, and has been delivered throughout Australia in collaboration with AbaF.
The workshop generally runs from 9:00am to 4:30pm.
Board Development Workshops can be tailored to a single organisations or for a group of individuals from multiple organisations.
You can book a Board Development Workshop for your organisation or region, or we can let you know when we run one near you. Contact BoardConnect for details: ph (07) 3891 2599, email